The fabrication technician supports the holiday department through fabrication, repair of holiday products, boxing and storing decorated pieces for our clients such as wreaths, trees, garlands, sconces and other coordinating pieces. This job may assist in the preparation, delivery, installation and removal of product to/from client locations. Most work days will be spent in the fabrication department assisting the designers. This position requires an organized person with flexibility in the work schedule.
- Read, interpret and work from paperwork, and other notes or sketches from the sales staff or designers
- Assist the design staff in prepping items for fabrication
- Dis-assemble/Re-assemble or repair existing holiday products
- Label all new and existing inventory and refurbished goods
- Maintain work area in clean, orderly, safe fashion
- Communicate issues to design staff or Director of Operations
- If requested, travel to customer locations to install or remove holiday décor
- Other duties as assigned
- Stress Management
- Physical Skills
- Organizing Skills
- Lifting (must be able to lift and move 50 lbs.)
- Pushing/pulling (must be able to push/pull 50 lbs.)
This position is part-time seasonal. Scheduled hours vary from 20-40 hours per week and may increase during peak installation/takedown periods. Schedule may be modified based upon business requirements. Extra hours will be required during peak times and in order to meet customer requirements.